Sustainability in Design
Credit(s) earned on completion of this course will be reported to AIA and/or IDCEC for organization members. Certificates of Completion for both members and non-members are available after attending the course presentation. Upon taking the course, participants will be able to:
- Be able to define the importance of avoiding long-term exposure to VOCs when reviewing a project with clients.
- Be able to identify building products with a high carbon footprint and solutions that may help reduce environmental impacts.
- Be able to identify the advantages of choosing domestic suppliers including lower carbon footprint and economic benefits.
- Be able to define the concept of daylighting and explain its significance in sustainable building design and occupant well-being.
- Be able to integrate healthy workplace acoustics when designing spaces.
- Be able to identify building products and principles of designing spaces for waste reduction and promoting a circular economy.
- Be able to select proper materials based on sustainable design principles when specifying products.